MAPS: Millersville Abroad Programs
If you are looking for a shorter study abroad program, or a more guided experience, you can participate in a MAPS: Millersville Abroad Program. These programs are typically between 1-3 weeks in length. They are guided experiences led by Millersville staff or faculty, who take a group of students, alumni, or community members abroad. These can be for credit or not for credit.
Types of MAPS Programs:
1. Discipline-Focused: Course integration or subject-specific experiences.
2. Skill Development: Foster essential skills, training, leadership, or team-building through hands-on experience.
3. Intercultural: Emphasize cultural exploration and cultural immersion.
4. Service Learning: Community-driven service projects and hands-on exposure to local cultures.
Travel Registry: A Travel Registry is designed for independent or solo travel by students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members participating in Millersville University-related travel, or may be traveling individually with an MU faculty or staff member. Examples of such travel may include but are not limited to:
- Attending or participating at an international conference
- Attending or participating in a performance or show
- Independently participating in a service learning project
- Independently participating in athletic events or training
- Student-led travel for an MU club or organization (Ex. A religious club on a missions trip)
- Participating in international research (When not part of a credit-bearing class)
Current and Upcoming ProgramsApply Now!
- Spring 2023 trips coming soon.
- Sports in Puerto Rico (Spring 2023)
- Italy: Exploring Education, Policy, and Culture (Spring 2023)
- England: Business in London (Spring 2023)
- Costa Rica: Education Services & Cultural Immersion (Winter 2022)
- Sweden: ERCH 495 Integrative STEM Practicum (Winter 2022)
- Sports in Puerto Rico (Spring 2022)
- Italy, Austria, France, UK: Broadway Musicals & European Influences (Summer 2022)
- Spain, Morocco, Portugal: Music of Ancient & Exotic World Cultures (Summer 2022)
- Iceland: Energy Resources, Sustainability, & the Environment (Summer 2022)
- England: Millersville Men's Soccer Trip (Summer 2022)
- Toronto International Film Festival (Fall 2022)